-To have a sustainable world for future generations that’s both socially and economically empowered!
FYF MISSION STATEMENT
-To create a generation of self-sustaining youth through creation of employment opportunities, discovering new knowledge, through implementing sustainable programs that enhance now and future generations
VALUES: FYF Core Values
- Mutual respect; and the value of diversity
- Honesty and Transparency; being accountable to all levels (No Corruption)
- Solidarity; with all people of Republic of Uganda
- Perseverance and Commitment; to achieve set goals.
- Partnership and Cooperation; to work collaboratively with all Ugandans and Internationals.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The organization was established;
- To offer capacity building through mindset, mentoring, guidance & counseling, financial literacy training to the youth, communities countrywide and the rest of the world.
- To implement and promote entrepreneurship skills through investing in innovative ideas, startups, talents in different sectors of economy to solve unemployment and poverty.
- To encourage and empower youth to take on and engage in agricultural sector as a core enterprise for development.
- To take up projects with government, private sector and Non-government organizations that is beneficial to the youth, communities, and the rest of the country.
- To promote saving culture amongst the members of the organization and the rest of the community through starting up regular saving groups, Savings Credit Cooperatives (SACCOs) and self-help groups where people can access cheap and revolving funds that can capitalize their business ideas to scale up.
Our achievements! Successes of FYF
FYF successful managed to conduct weekly Saturdays fellowships until now without any funding but by the willingness of members to learn, share, network with others successful mentors to widen their knowledge, kick start some ventures. We have managed to get more members with vision who has fully participated in the activities of the organization since 2016.
Executive Director being recognized by H.E Patricia Scotland(QC), Secretary General Common Wealth for the great job done towards engaging youth in job creation in 2017 during common wealth conference.
Statistics: FYF has created a remarkable success by starting over 120 businesses in sectors of agriculture, trading, fashion, IT & innovation, 250 jobs and internships created, 950,000 youth across the country registered 6000 youth as FYF members and 8 community SACCOs started with support of FYF example Keikara Rugando SACCO which was launched by Minster of Microfinance Hon. Haruna Kasolo Kyeyune, sent 50 members on national and international leadership training courses and created 10 partnerships with other organization and companies in environment, health, sports, finance and innovations.
Focus Youth Forum-FYF immediate needs
FYF dedicated to create and convert big number of Uganda’s youth to hands-on with a positive mindset be job creators and patriots. Our work is more of in the field and skilling,
- Full time office operation to run different programmes as FYF Secretariat. This will enable us to;
- To effectively build capacity amongst youth by offering them regular “Mindset change trainings” countrywide which will enable them to build, identify their passions, gain their morale values in the society.
- Mobilize youth in groups from their respective regions of the country by clustering them according to their areas of interests.
- Give them handson skills, leadership personal development and expertise which they can leverage on to be innovative and create jobs.
- Link them to different partners in sectors of industry, service and agriculture where they can be absorbed in different ways like employment, internships, trainings, business partnerships, funding and professionalism.
- Offer them opportunity to access home center where they can come innovate, train in skills, learn, network with others.
Focus Youth Forum Field Vehicle
Since we started our operations in 2016, its been facilitated by members contributions, in-kind support and Executive Director savings and our work of empowerment is characterized by a lot of movement especially to all regions of the country due to demand from the youth to reach them out. We find it difficult to reach out to them since we don’t have means as an organization. This vehicle will help the team to reach more deeply to a youth who is not able to afford means to come town for such great empowerment sessions and trainings.
- Entrepreneurship and skilling
- Revolving fund to boost and support business startups that have been nurtured by; will be overseen and monitored by Focus Youth Forum-FYF
- Existing and new start-ups that have trained by Focus Youth Forum
- Members of Focus Youth Forum can access at manageable rate to invest in their ventures.
Focus Youth Forum Entrepreneurs’ Fund
- Set up Skilling Center: Value Addition, Skilling and Manufacturing Machines.
- Processing and packaging machinery(Ghee, honey, juice, yoghurt)
- Milling Machine for Maize, cassava and millet.
- Machinery for soap, chalk, candles, shoes, and printing machines.
- Fashion, tailoring, carpentry, welding, beauty salon, artisans and bakery machines
Focus Youth Forum Marks the 4th Anniversary of since operation at Nommo Gallery Nakasero where all regions were represented and youth showcased what they have done this year 2019.
Support, partner and collaboration with Us Today